We talked in the last post about how there are times in our lives when having a storage unit can really make our lives better – taking the pressure off during transitions, taking the clutter out of our lives, even helping us start a business. A quick recap of the first five reasons: 1) Downsizing; 2) Seasonal storage; 3) College students; 4) Baby proofing; 5) Business storage.
And now, without further ado, the next five great reasons to rent a storage unit!
- RV or boat storage. Very few of us are lucky enough to have property big enough to store a boat or an RV at home, and most communities have strict regulations about what you can park on the street and for how long. So making the decision to own a boat or RV also entails finding a place to store it when it is not in use. (Dollar offers safe and secure RV and boat storage in Phoenix, Apache Junction, and Midvale in Arizona, and in Corona, California.)
- Staging your home for sale/renovating. Selling or remodeling your home can turn your life upside down. When you are selling your home, you may want to “stage” it, in which case you move out all the clutter and furnish it in a way to show off its best features. When you renovate or remodel, you need to protect your belongings from damage or theft. In either scenario a storage unit is a must-have.
- Aging parent. When the difficult decision has been made to move a parent to assisted living, or even just to a smaller more manageable home, a storage unit can ease the transition by allowing them to hold on to some precious belongings that will not fit in their new home. It also gives everyone the chance to adjust before making any big decisions about what to get rid of.
- Extended travel. When the opportunity arises to indulge your inner nomad, or when you are offered a long-term work assignment in a different city, there are a lot of logistics involved. Do you sell your home or give up your apartment? What about all your stuff? Renting a storage unit is an affordable and convenient way to handle at least part of your dilemma.
- Collections. Whether they are comic books or quilts, action figures or vintage clothing, special collectibles can start to take up more than their fair share of our living space. Not only that, but sometimes they require protection from extremes of temperature. An air-conditioned storage unit can allow you to indulge your passion for collecting without compromising your quality of life.
Well, that’s it! That’s our top ten of the literally dozens of good reasons to rent a storage unit. I’m pretty sure you can think of at least ten more. If so, please stop by and talk to the friendly managers at your local Dollar Self Storage facility, and they will help you find an affordable, safe, and secure storage unit that is just right for you.